Friday, January 23, 2009

Just WRONG!

So, during my butt-busting 3-4 days per week, 2 hours per day work outs, (Sept/Oct/Nov) I couldn't lose weight. I was being careful, watching what I ate, but I mean... the scales wouldn't budge! I ultimately lost a grand total of 5 or 6 pounds over that 3 month period. I got really really sick in November, around Thanksgiving, and have yet to get back into a routine because it took me a while to fully recover. ( I have gone to the gym- just not consistently. )

However- during the past month I have dropped an additional 2 pounds. We're talking not working out during the holiday food fest, being random in my cardio and weights routine, eating food I shouldn't be eating, and I lose 2 pounds??? I'm sure not complaining, but I am very confused. I'm slightly aware that it's possible to have replaced some fat with muscle, therefore, sort of making the weight loss unnoticeable on the scales during that time period, because I have dropped a "half" of a pants size. Basically, all the pants I own are too big, but I'm not small enough in the belly to go the next size down. IT is still confusing. I loved my work out routine, and miss it! But, wonder if it was necessary to put in all that hard work?

My birthday is in 2 weeks, and more than anything, I would LOVE to be able to drop the 12 pounds I need to drop in order to acheive my "20 pounds lost by my birthday". 6 pounds week isn't really likely, but it'd be cool if it did happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment