Monday, October 19, 2009

Jitters.

I know- it's bad.... but I'm starting to get a little 'antsy' with this whole "Facebook Detox". What's going on out there, in the world, with all my friends and family???

I want to click the Facebook Icon so badly!

Did I mention I was doing the cleanse for... 7 days!?!?!?!

Ya.

I know.

It's pitiful.

But like I noted in my previous blog- it's been my only source for socialization for so long- and not (atleast!!) reading adult conversation is pretty difficult for me.

I want to participate in the 'grown up' world. (I almost put 'adult world' but feared an out of context reading....)

My source this afternoon for 'outside world' contact; Kinder Music with Leah. I got to dance and sing to various 'baby songs', while holding my toddler, swinging my toddler, and making goofy faces at her. Ha! She's such a shy little girl. When 'the teacher' says "Hello, Leah." she turns her head to the side and sort of looks at him out of the corner of her eyes- blinking rapidly. Almost as if she's saying "I hear you, I acknowledge that you're there... but WILL YOU PLEASE quit talking to me!!!"

Leah refuses to hold hands- with anyone- during the 'sing song dancing' session that we do- each and every Monday afternoon, she's 'in' the class- but not 'of' the class. She refuses to say hello to the other 'toddlers' and most of the time, she refuses to even play with ME! She loves the musical instruments. She loves 'watching' people do 'their thing', but actually participation has yet to really completely come out.

It would seem she's not enjoying it.... and that our time is being wasted, based on how she 'acts in the class. But, once we get home- she sings the songs we had sung and she does the motions we had done. I think it's well worth our time and money to go to this class. It has a positive effect on our entire family- even the (older) girls. At 4 and 6, they enjoy the songs as well, and thing it's fun to sing them with Leah. (I enjoy their interaction!!!)

As a side note- (to the side note about Leah as opposed to the original posting)- during class today, we were singing a song called "Hot Cross Buns" The motion is to 'blow' air into our hand after each "Hot Cross Buns".... so it goes like this:

Hot Cross Buns (blow) Hot Cross Buns (blow) One 'a penny, two 'a penny...... Hot Cross Buns (blow)

Leah? She doesn't blow into her hand. She looks at me like I'm CooKoo when I do it. Today- however, after the 3rd "Hot Cross Buns", in perfect timing to when we were suppose to 'blow', she leaned over and FARTED!!!

A loud, LOUD (as she would call it) "Faht''. She looked up and GRINNED after her (personalized) BLOW. Everyone, of course, laughed and laughed. I couldn't contain it- and I think I lost a few breaths from laughing so hard (trying not to cackle). Little Miss "Shy'' wasn't so shy anymore!!

Later on, during the class, she did it again- with a different song. This was a song that said (as we shook little maraca like eggs) "Shake. Shake. Shake your eggs. Shake shake, shake your eggs. Shake. Shake. Shake your eggs, and now LET's STOP!" Leah bent over and 'fahted' during the 'STOP'. (when it's suppose to be realllly quiet).

More inward laughter- more BIG GRINNING from Leah. Cutie pie. She's so sweet! (although, as I type this last bit of the blog- I have pink ear plugs in my ears to save my ears from the painful SCREAMING that she is serenading me with. Screaming cause she's 'mad' that she has to 'play' downstairs with her sisters. Not sad. Not hurt. Not suffering in anyway. She's. Just. MAD!)

So- back to the jitters, back to my original purpose of posting this blog.. I think blogging is going to be a good cure. It's more productive anyway. I"m glad I got to note Leah's Kinder Music class today. I'm glad I admitted that I have pink ear plugs to save my sanity during the loud screaming sessions she's been prone to (lately- not always). It'll be nice to go back and read it later- sort of as a reminder that I "CAN SURVIVE" these days of "Aghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So. Aghhhhh!!!!! I'm off to grab up my little "Fahter" and cuddle with her before bed time. I'm sure I'll post again SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment