Friday, October 30, 2009

Swiss Army

This morning- my adventurous Zoe decided to grab the (super sharp) Swiss Army Knife off my night stand.  To be exact- she grabbed it OUT of the bag that it was hidden in, which was on my night stand.  She opened it.  And she SLICED her middle and ring finger.

Blood.  Lot's of Blood.  And a whole LOT of blood curdling screams!

I wanted to be compassionate and loving, but I was more irritated than anything.  I was thinking "Ya- Mommy and Daddy have told you NOT to go into our room... and CERTAINLY not to take things out of our room."

I kept my mouth shut- I washed and bandaged her wounds.  And now- I'm working on trying to figure out how to go about re-child-proofing our bedroom.  I thought it was fairly safe.  I guess not.

I love my Zoe.  She is a precious gift.  A strong-willed-high-strung gift, but precious  none-the-less.

I want to be more compassionate than frustrated when she gets herself into situations when she knows 'better'.

No comments:

Post a Comment