Monday, May 17, 2010

Rebel

It's unfortunate.  I'm a rebel.

In my actions.  In my thoughts.  In what I don't do.

I'm a rebel by nature.  Sin nature.

It's not a choice I make- to be this rebellious.  It's a choice when I choose NOT to rebel.  And that's when it becomes cool that this nature in me, is who I am.  In NOT rebelling, I am, in a sense, REBELLING.  Against my nature.

Satan likes to kick up these STUPID thoughts in my head.  I can choose to consider my thoughts; or I can choose to move them away.  The latter is the HARDEST, but well worth the effort.  Well. Worth. It.

I could become a total idiot if I allow my thoughts to be considered.  I could become even dumber if I act on those thoughts.  I can't lie.  I have done both.  Considered.  And Acted.

I struggle, periodically, with a specific thought.  The thought that, if considered, could get me in big-huge trouble.  This specific thought has been the hardest to push aside. Worldly, it'd be fun.  It'd be interesting.  Spiritually- it would DEVASTATE me.

I'm so thankful that God has made it black and white for me.  It's my choice- to consider and/or to act.  It's totally up to me.  But being aware of the repercussions is worth more than gold.  I choose NOT to act.  More so, I choose NOT to consider.

Totally. Worth. It!

No comments:

Post a Comment