Saturday, January 15, 2011

2 AM

I had coffee after dinner.  Bad idea.

I couldn't resist.  It was CHICK FIL A coffee!!  We were there, at Chick Fil A, we had eaten, the kids were playing... and playing... and then they just kept on playing!  They  needed to.  I needed for them to.  We had been snowed in, literally, all week!  Our house? It's split into 3 different levels, totaling a whopping 1,000 sq. ft.  (NO, we don't live in Boston.)  Our  yard was snowed on, and then- it was iced over; so going outside was only an option for the first 2 days.

They needed to run.  We needed for them to run, inside a building that was NOT our teeny tiny house.

Of course, this has nothing to do with why I had coffee after (a late) dinner.  Except for the fact that I was there at CFA, smelling their Columbian brew, and not thinking clearly what-so-ever before I ordered my medium (because they no longer sell large) cup of coffee.  Not decaf.  Regular. Caffeinated. Full strength.  Did I mention it was Columbian?!

Sigh.

So? It's 2:00 AM, and I'm thinking it sure is going to be a fun morning as I wobble to the stove to boil a pot of water, measure my (Brazilian) coffee into my coffee press, and wait for it to steep.

Maybe my Tres Amigas will sleep late, and ...... no... never mind.  I won't allow myself to ponder such hopeful thoughts.  I know better.  2 AM makes 7 AM come much quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment